Sit down with a cup of coffee and start your day with me :)

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day Twelve

I have had a yard sale for the last two days. Ah...the good ol' yard sale. Where should I begin? I have saved stuff up for around a month. I gathered my mom's old stuff, got a friend to join me and set forth on my mission to make a little extra money. We attempted to find a babysitter but that was an epic fail. It seemed doomed from the start but no, we knew better than that. We were going to make money, honey. We weren't too concerned with the lack of a baby sitter because my husband was going to be home and he could handle 6 kids. He is good like that. Well, Friday ended his last day of training at work and they gave him a new schedule. Of course, this would include Saturday. Why wouldn't it? If he was actually off on Saturday that would be beneficial to our yard sale. Seeing how the yard sale gods were against this from the start, we should have taken this as an omen. Nope, we were going to make money I tell you! So, we decide to pay my 10 year old $10 to make sure that the house stayed clean and the other kids didn't kill each other. Fast-forward to this afternoon. We have a total of $54 profit in these two days. My husband worked Saturday, went camping last night and came home this morning too tired to think. My daughter (the 10 year old) went to her mamaw's last night and left us with the other 5 kids to watch while we attempted to do this. I am thinking that the $10 is no longer necessary....maybe I will give her five. Oh and we have also had sporadic showers for the last two days. Keep in mind that this is following a long week of dry, humid heat. We should have known better, but NO we were going to make some money. Now, here we sit. At the yard sale. 3:30 on a Sunday and pretty sure that we're not going to get any more customers before the next shower. Are we going to go inside? NO, we are going to make some money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment